Friday, August 6, 2010

Winding down of summer

Sara starts school (2nd grade) in 13 days. I'm still having trouble wrapping my brain around that little tidbit. So, we have to start easing her back into her school routine. Easier said than done. This is a kid who napped until she was 5 and now I have to start poking at her earlier and earlier over the next 2 weeks so she won't die of shock on the first day of school. This is a kid who likes her sleep. She wakes up then curls up in her papasan chair and reads for awhile before her day truly begins. Christian is also starting preschool. He will go 2 mornings a week. I almost feel sorry for his teacher. I feel like I should drop him off with a warning label. "Caution - large toddler with limited speech, large appetite and big temper. Approach with caution and snacks."

All in all, our first summer in Indiana has been a good one. We joined a local pool and haven't been banned (yet). They serve beer. It's become my second home. We survived Paul's 10 day business trip. Sara enjoyed her summer camps, especially the cooking camp. My goal is to get everyone in this house cooking so i don't have to. We went to Michigan for a visit. We went to Chicago for vacation. Although, if I ever have the urge to drag my small children through 4 museums, 1 zoo and an amusement park in 6 days again- shoot me or just hobble me.

No comments:

Post a Comment