Wednesday, June 30, 2010

10 Days of Captivity (Mine)


Paul left Friday for a 10-day business trip to South America. He IS coming back (they have extradition - I checked). We are winding down day 6 and it has been a LOOOOONG 6 days. For everyone. I am even more in awe of single and/or working moms. You women NEVER get a break. How do you do it? I am losing my mind, patience, and sense of humor after 'only' 6 days. On a typical day, Paul comes home and I can either hand off the children and hide from all or at least have a battle partner and some adult company at the end of the day. Lately, my day starts and ends with 2 kids chasing me around the house begging for food, toys, battle negotiations and other random requests. Tomorrow we head home for a visit. Why? Because I thought it would be a brilliant way to pass the last 4 days of captivity. Yes, packing up a 6 year old and a 2 year old, ALL their crap and driving 3.5 hours across the cornfields seemed like a brilliant idea. Happily, once we arrive, we will visit with friends and family, eat, play and wreak havoc on the metro Detroit area. As usual, I will try to do too much while I am home. I want to see everyone during our limited time. So, I will be alone with the kids at a hotel and stressing out that I am running late to meet someone or missing seeing someone. But, in the end it will all be worth it. Won't it??

No comments:

Post a Comment