Thursday, February 3, 2011

My days of captivity continue

Tuesday morning Sara woke up with a sea lion-like cough. I'm half asleep and trying to decide if she can go to school or if she is suffering from a TB outbreak. I err on the side of caution and keep her home. This begins my 3 days of captivity. Tuesday night the skies opened and dumped 16 inches of fluffy snow on us. Ok, Wednesday begins snow day 1. Luckily, Paul also had a snow day. We had a nice quiet day at home. Sara and Paul plowed the driveway while Christian and I watched from the comfort of our warm house in our jammies. I've now been home with my kids for 2 straight days. I'm done. She can go back to school and "get her some learnin'". God has a sick sense of humor. Last night, Paul and I are relaxing after the kids go to bed when we get the dreaded text - "school closed". Noooooooooooooo!!!! Today didn't go as smoothly. First, Paul beat cheeks out of the house at the crack of dawn. Seriously, I swear I saw skid marks on the driveway. Second, my darling children decided that they were going to pass the time today arguing, fighting, whining, complaining and hitting each other (when they weren't stating that they were bored and there was nothing to do). I hold my tongue, don't beat anyone and we get through the day, bathe the kids and send them off to bed. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I sit down, put my feet up and breathe a sigh of relief. Tomorrow - school. One kid gone until 2:56 p.m. Nope. My phone delivers the bad news. There is a 2 hour delay due to "cold weather". Excuse me? She has a coat, hat, mittens and boots. She waits for the bus IN my house. She is outside for the 25 seconds it takes her to scurry out to the bus. Send the kid to school!!!! I'll put extra layers on her. Please, just take my kid to school!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment