Saturday, January 14, 2012

Snow Day

We just survived Christmas vacation. Four days back at school and God decides to mess with me and give the kids a snow day. And no school on Monday for some made-to-annoy-me reason. And Paul is working non-stop this week, weekend, next week and weekend. Do the math. That is a LOT of togetherness and cabin fever for my kids and myself. Pajamas have melded to our bodies, toys have exploded over every surface, the kids have eaten everything food-related in the house. Fights have broken out over anything and everything. I have become referee, judge, jury and parole officer. I'm thinking about installing a boxing ring, filling it with jello or mud and selling tickets to their fights. My kids have two skills - eating and fighting. They do both loudly, messily and often. And usually at the same time. I don't know how many more snow days I can handle. I may run away from home. Except I can't because I'm snowed in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment