Sunday, February 5, 2012

Puppy Love


My kids fight like cats and dogs. Now, they play like them, too. This weekend, they invented a fun yet disturbing new game. Sara is the "puppy" and Christian is her "owner". They set out a bowl of "bones" (Scooby graham crackers) and water for the puppy to eat. The puppy has also learned to perform tricks. She rolls over, plays dead, shakes hands (paws) and begs. In return, her owner pats her on the head and gives her a bone. Somehow this game works for everyone. They have a blast playing it. Any game that gets my kids playing together, I am a huge fan of. Not sure if it sends some warped message about male-female dynamics but for the sake of sibling bonding, I'm going to say that this game rocks. And it makes me giggle to see my 3 year old walking his 7 year old sister. And it keeps them from asking for a real dog.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this. I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete