Monday, June 11, 2012

I Don't Know How She Did It

I don't know how my mother did it. She raised 6 kids- 5 boys and 1 girl. I am the youngest and my arrival was the most dramatic. After a trip to the hospital, I was born on the bathroom floor. While she was giving birth without the benefit of drugs of any kind, my older brother was banging on the door, asking to be let in to go potty. Today, I experienced a minor version of these events. Christian was throwing up on the driveway, scared and crying. While inside the house, his very unsympathetic older sister was hollering at me, demanding her allowance and declaring a 10 feet perimeter so she doesnt catch his plague. I'm trying to comfort a puking and scared 3 year old while protecting my own clothes and shoes and she is pestering me about .50?! Yes, I know we are cheap but, really, she lives here rent free, eats our food, etc. I think .50 a week for the few chores she does grudgingly is a good deal. (The Tooth Fairy is also very stingy at our house). So, Sir Pukes A Lot is bathed and put to bed and I head out to hose off the driveway. I ask Sara if she wants to earn an extra .50 by hosing off the driveway. I haven't seen or heard from her since.

No comments:

Post a Comment