Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's Good To Be The Queen


I done drug Sara to Minnesota this weekend to get us some culture. Paul was kind enough to take Friday off so we could head the airport. He carted Christian to and from preschool, complete with Elmo backpack. The morning got a little hectic. We had to finish packing and I wanted Sara to get her homework done before we fled the state for our girls gone wild weekend. So, I left a dishwasher full of clean dishes, dishes in the sink and laundry in piles everywhere.

Yup, that's right. We left the guys home to watch sports, shoot pool and smoke cigars. While Sara and I were watching the Nutcracker ballet and enjoying fine cuisine on my dad's dime, back home the guys were just as busy. They got Paul's tires changed, played at mall and did various manly things. Then they shaved, slapped on some cologne and ties and headed to Paul's office party. Note to all men - "I has tie like dadddy" is a sure-fire pick-up line with the ladies.

Most woman would have to leave the house spotless and the fridge stocked so their men would be fed for the weekend. Not me. I came home to a cleaner house, laundry washed, dried and FOLDED. I don't fold laundry. I buy hangers. Lots of them. As we arrived home from our travels, dinner was in the oven. As the title indicates, sometimes it's good to be the queen of this household.

No comments:

Post a Comment