Thursday, July 28, 2011

Priceless jewelry


I admit it. I am a sentimental fool when it comes to the crafts my kids make for me. My biggest concern when the packers were packing up our entire household? The clay flower pot Sara painted for me when she was 4. Today, I received the most priceless piece of jewelry I own- a plastic bead bracelet made for me by Christian. The presentation was less ceremonial than I had hoped. He raced into his day camp, grabbed it, hurled it at me and yelled "Here, Mommy. I made for you all by myself". Then he ran away to play trucks with his buddy. I am proudly wearing my colorful plastic bracelet. And I look good in it, too. This is one of those things that I will keep for years and embarrass him with when he is older. I loved seeing his proud face when he showed it to me. He was so excited to see I was wearing it when I picked him up. Forget diamonds and emeralds. I have plastic beads. It is a one-of-a-kind piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment