Sunday, July 17, 2011

Yup, I'm a sucker



Sara loves big cats. All big cats. She is a wealth of knowledge that would impress most veteran zoologists. At the library, I have to limit her to as many books about lions and tigers as she can carry. This weekend, as we were driving home from Cleveland, I decided to surprise her and take her to Kalahari Resort. They provide the chance to meet and have your photo taken with a baby tiger or lion cub. She was so excited she could hardly catch her breath. Was the photo op over-priced? You bet. Was it totally worth it to see the look on my child's face as her dream of holding a baby tiger came true? You bet. It was a chance I couldn't pass up. She will remember it for the rest of her life. So will I. I am a total sucker for a Kodak moment. As a child, I loved looking back at our childhood family photos. I guess I still do. I try not to let my camera-frenzy take over but I do like capturing some moments. My family may groan and gripe when I whip out my camera but they smile and ham it up for the camera. I take the photos. They mock me. They ask for copies. I mock them. Everyone ends up happy. And I have the photos to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment