Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Inspiration



At tonight's Business School awards dinner, many people gave speeches. Luckily, I was not one of them. Several themes appeared and spoke to me. Here are some that I hope to implement in my life.

Courage - courage is required in all areas of our life. We need courage to try to new things, to make changes, to face difficulties.

Peace - it can be challenging to maintain a level of peace when life is difficult, scary or challenging. We need to try to be a source of peace for those around us.

Confidence - a little bit goes a long way. Too much can be dangerous. Most people I know need more. For me, having enough confidence is a constant struggle. Standing up for yourself, your beliefs and your principles can be daunting but always worthwhile. I've never heard anyone say they regretted standing up for what they believe.

Humble - all the award recipients were leaders in their fields yet remarkably humble. They were more focused on what their accomplishments meant for the greater good. They do not focus on themselves. They feel gratified to have a skill or insight that can be used to inspire others or accomplish something significant.

Self-awareness - While humble, these people had an incredible sense of self-awareness. They recognize their strengths and abilities. They also know how to minimize their weaknesses. I think this also means you need to be aware of how your words and actions can affect those around you.

Clarity of purpose - this is different for everyone. It is ever-changing. To be successful and happy, you cannot let people or issues cloud your focus. You need to know what you want to achieve and understand the best way to achieve it.

My purpose in life is to raise happy, healthy, thoughtful and independent children. I want to be a good person who can be trusted and counted on. I want to be a good, faithful and loyal friend, mother, wife, daughter, and sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment