Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Under the weather


Last night Sara said she was sick. Was this a tactic for getting out of bed? Was it a ploy for extra attention? Unless the child is projectile vomiting, parents are stuck playing the guessing game with their kids. Are they really sick? Can they go to school? Do they need to go to the doctor? Luckily, we are on summer vacation, so I didn't have much to worry about. I knew something was up this morning when she asked to go back upstairs and read. She stayed up there for 3 hours. She has no real symptoms other than feeling "icky". Not finding that in "Grey's Anatomy", I decided we would stay home and lay low. This includes snuggling under a blanket, watching a movie, lots of books and playing Wii. I think she is on the mend. I just broke up WWIII between Sara and her brother. I always feel terrible when my kids are sick. In addition to worrying about them, I try to keep them comfortable and happy. Not an easy task when they feel miserable. The healthy child resents the extra attention the sick one is getting. The sick one refuses medicine. The healthy child begs for it because, heaven forbid, one child gets "special". So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no vomiting and no plague spreading through the house. I'm looking forward to 2 healthy children driving each other and me crazy by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment