Friday, June 10, 2011

My bucket list


Everyone has a wish list for their life. It can be a list of anything- goals, desires, dreams, plans for what they'd like to do, experience or accomplish during their lifetime. Here is my "bucket list:

Travel around the world
Live in Italy and/or London
Run an 11:00 minute mile
Live on a lake or ocean
Be published in the New York Times
Learn sign language
Learn to play the piano
Do stand up comedy
Fire a gun
Have dinner with Meryl Streep and David Sedaris
Achieve and maintain my goal weight
Be a mentor to someone
Make a surprise visit to someone
Ride a gondola in Venice
Overcome my germ phobia
Become financially literate
Raise happy and healthy children
Road trip across America
Learn to be less 'sensitive'
Learn to stand up for my self
Swim with dolphins
Bury the hatchet/find closure with people
Spend a summer living in Chicago
Learn to sail
Ride the world's largest Ferris Wheel
Take a train ride through America's National Parks
Learn to be a gourmet cook
Learn to knit
Learn to meditate
Learn to sing
Celebrate our 50th anniversary in Europe

I know some of these are entirely within my reach while others remain a wishful fantasy. What is on your bucket list?

1 comment:

  1. Barb - you could make a surprise visit to me and fire a gun on our farm. That would knock two off your list!

    Mine includes:
    Learn to play the guitar well enough to play in public
    Become a pilot
    Learn to speak German fluently
    Brew my own beer

    ReplyDelete