Saturday, April 16, 2011

Big brother is watching


Somehow, without intending to, I got my whole family onto Facebook. It's been a great way to keep in touch and find out what everyone is up to. Otherwise, how would I know my 16 year old niece has a boyfriend or that my nephew is a track star and an A student? I was also using the "check in" feature on Facebook until recently. One of my many old brothers (there are 5 of them), called me because he was concerned. He pointed out that I may not want everyone and their creepy neighbors knowing where I am and when. He finished the conversation by saying "I know you won't listen to me but as your brother I had to mention this". This is the same brother who seemed to have a special skill for tormenting me as a child. His ways were extensive and quite stealth. Maybe it is because he has a daughter now. Maybe it is because you never outgrow "big brother" mode. Whatever the reason, I decided to take his advice and go underground. Now, if you want to find me, you will have to use your imagination.

1 comment:

  1. You know... I only use the check-in feature when I am not at home, and not at the home of friends. Otherwise - I see no harm in stating I'm at this bar, or that bar, or the other bar... and occasionally, at an airport, or hotel. Boy - it seems like I spend a lot of time at the bars if you just followed my check-in history. Maybe I should do something about that?? Nah...

    ReplyDelete