Monday, April 11, 2011

Good vs. Lucky



If I had to choose between being good or lucky, I'll choose lucky every day. I consider myself a good person (mostly). I have (some) flaws. I have a short fuse. I'm impatient. I'm insecure. The list could go on and on. But, I'm also a good friend. I'm supportive and giving. I like to help others. I care about other people. And I truly appreciate my good friends. They are the most generous, supportive and forgiving group a gal could find.

We celebrated my birthday this weekend. The guest list included my dad, a friend I've known since preschool, a high school friend, several Junior League friends, teachers from Sara's old school, many former neighbors and a friend I stole from Paul. Sorry, Val, that's your label for this blog. This eclectic group has seen me through many good times and bad times. They have seen me at my worst and liked me anyway. They have been there to share the good times. I've called on many of them and they have all come to my rescue without fail. I only hope I am half the friend they have been to me. (Not that Ii want them snooping through my jewelry box unsupervised). I'm lucky to have them. I hope I am a good enough friend to deserve them.

1 comment:

  1. I will accept the label, as it is your birthday celebration - I expect a better label next time I'm mentioned!!

    ReplyDelete