Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The mind of a 2 year old


Christian is a man on a mission. He wants to ride his bike day and night, rain or shine. He tries to chase down joggers, other bikers, anything in his path. When I picked him up from school on this cold, rainy, windy day, he announced that he needed to ride his bike. I told him we had to go home so he could eat his lunch and take his nap. Unswayed, he declared his agenda consisted of lunch, bike riding and NO nap. With my back against that wall, I tried another tact. I explained that it was too cold, rainy and windy to ride a bike outside today. This didn't faze him at all. He told me "mommy, I wear coat. I no be cold.". Have I just been outmaneuvered by a 2 year? Not wanting to engage in a battle of wits with a stubborn 2 year old, I decide we do not live in a democracy. I'm the dictator and I have the final say. Against his will, bike riding has been called due to rain. I'm hoping for a sunny day tomorrow. A 2 year old with a severe case of cabin fever is not good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment