Sunday, May 1, 2011

What kind of mother are you?

Are you a stay-at-home mom? Are you a working mother? Somewhere in between? I know women who work for financial reasons. I know women who work for the medical benefits. I know women who work because being home 24/7 with no outlet would drive them insane. They need/want more for themselves. I stay home for a multitude of reasons. Being a paralegal doesn't bring in the big bucks. I could not get up at the crack of dawn, get myself and two other human beings dressed, fed and out the door in a reasonable amount of time. By the time 5 o'clock rolled around, I'd be dead on my feet. The idea of being surrounded by annoying co-workers all day, fighting traffic, cooking dinner, doing dishes, baths, homework and bedtime routines is overwhelming to me. I admire women who have the stamina.

At the of the day, whether it was spent at home or the office, we are all mothers who are doing the best for ourselves and our families. Whatever your mommy role is, I'm sure it is challenging, demanding and rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment